Want to be a Volunteer?
The State Theatre Center for the Arts, Inc. is always looking for new volunteers.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Available to work at least three shows a quarter.
- Be able to commit to approximately five hours per show.
- New volunteers will also be given an Usher Manual which they are expected to read and be familiar with house procedures.
Volunteering opportunities Include:
- Ushering (main stage, kids shows, special events)
- Administration Front Desk
- Direct Mailings
- Community Outreach
Any one interested in volunteering, please fill out the Volunteer application.
For additional information or questions about volunteering please call Natalie Miller at 610-258-7766 ext. 202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking a part-time Janitor available to work varying hours week to week, including evenings and weekends. The duties of the janitor are designed to keep the facility clean and sanitary for the Theatre’s patrons, guests and staff. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian, or janitor, to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep.
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces.
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets.
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g., soap)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Maintain outer premises by watering plants, cleaning entrances.
- Shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role.
- The duties of the janitor are designed to keep the facility clean and sanitary for the Theatre’s patrons, guests and staff.
- Cleaning areas including the Theatre, Ballroom, Gallery, Dressing Rooms, Catering Hall, Restrooms, etc.
- Snow Removal as needed.
- Light maintenance work.
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to John Kaub, Facility Manager, at email@example.com
- Pre-Show Set-Up
- Maintenance and Light Housekeeping Duties
- Grounds Maintenance
- Any other duties assigned by the Front of House Manager
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Natalie Miller, Front of House Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org