Want to be a Volunteer?
The State Theatre Center for the Arts, Inc. is always looking for new volunteers.
- You must be at least 14 years of age.
- Available to work at least three shows a month.
- Be able to commit to approximately five hours per show.
- Accepted applicants must be available for a training session before the new season.
- New volunteers will also be given an Usher Manual which they are expected to read and be familiar with house procedures.
Volunteering opportunities Include:
- Ushering (main stage, kids shows, special events)
- Administration Front Desk
- Direct Mailings
- Community Outreach
Any one interested in volunteering, please fill out the Volunteer application form and submit to Frank P. Kutch, Volunteer Coordinator.
For additional information or questions about volunteering please contact our volunteer coordinator at 610-258-7766 ext. 202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Job Description: To conduct work, including but not limited to performing work of bookkeeping, accounting and clerical/administrative functions.
Requirements and Tasks:
• Post daily sales receipts from the box office settlement reports
• Post deposits and vendor bills
• Record general journal entries
• Maintain customer and vendor records. Ensure vendors are coded correctly for 1099 and W-9 on file
• Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts
• Cash count of Bar and Concession sales and reset of cash bags
• Make bank deposits
• Bank statement reconciliation
• Assist with reporting and filing 1099’s.
• Diagnose accounting problems and ensure information is coded and recorded correctly
• Maintains historical records by filing documents and archiving for document retention
• Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by accountant
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
• Minimum of successfully completing 2 courses in bookkeeping/accounting
• Minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience
• Experience in use of QuickBooks accounting software or equivalent accounting software
• Experience in use of Microsoft word processing and excel with templates and spreadsheets
• Manual skills for typing, keying, filing, storage and removal of records
• Must be able to keep information strictly confidential
• Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
• Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment
Please send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The duties of the assistant custodian are designed to keep the facility clean and sanitary for the Theatre’s patrons, guests and staff.
This is a part time hourly position and the qualities we are seeking include friendliness, reliability, trustworthy, loyal and must be dedicated to the Theatre’s staff and mission.
Requirements and Tasks:
• Cleaning areas including the Theatre, Ballroom, Gallery, Dressing Rooms,
Catering Hall, restrooms, Administrative Offices etc.
• Snow Removal as Required
• Light maintenance work
Hours are on an as-needed basis and will vary week to week and will include some Saturdays and Sundays. Hours generally fall between 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM